benchmark wrote:
[ ... ]
A few problems I noticed:
a) firefox is very slow loading any site with images. For example,
it takes forever to load the images.

My question: is this a problem with my graphics or it's firefox? it
seemed to me to be a problem with firefox.

Some of the adservers used on websites don't respond correctly to IPv6 AAAA queries, and cause DNS timeouts. Try running bind with the -4 option to disable IPv6, and see whether that helps, and/or try switching to using a different nameserver, if you are using someone elses (ie, your ISP's).

--
-Chuck