Hello:

I am sorry to bother you. But I was wondering if you found a solution to your problem at the following site:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2004-March/ 042082.html

"Unable to find device node for /dev/ad0s1b in /dev!"

I am having the same problem with FreeBSD 5.4 and 5.3.

PIII 800 Mhz 40Gb HD 256Ram . cant seem to solve. However 5.4 loads fine under Virtual PC on my Mac.

when I set the geometry to the BIOS specs Install tells me Geometry not correct and doesnt accept. Sysinstall also states do not use physical geometry, but when physical geometry is used it is accepted.

If you have any info it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JRF