On Wed, 18 May 2005, Charles Lamb wrote:

Should be using amavis-milter rather

Well after a lot of RingTFM on amavis I found out I should be using
amavisd.  Anyway all of the readme files keep telling me I need to add
code to sendmail.mc and run m4 on it to create sendmail.cf.  Well I
cannot seem to find sendmail.mc anywhere.  I found a file called
freebsd.mc but when I turn that into sendmail.cf sendmail gets real
angry.  Any ideas?

You should not edit freebsd.mc, it's a template. The Makefile in /etc/mail will create a .mc file called hostname.mc where hostname is the computer's hostname.

Once you've got hostname.mc how you like, do a

make all install restart

See /etc/mail/Makefile; the targets in it can save you a lot of typing.