Craig Kleski wrote:

On Saturday 21 May 2005 10:18 am, Warren Liddell wrote:
I ran a CVSUP of my machine 2 days ago and during portupgrade the
computer hung.  I restarted finished portupgrade but now KDE
stalls/stops during loading at the same spot each time ..."Initalizing
system Services" it sits on this part then it just stops loading is the
best way to describe it.

I am runnin the latest CVSUP as of about 8hrs ago with all
ports/world/kernel updated. using FreeBSD5.4-STABLE ... Any help with
this would be very greatly appreciated.
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

Does KDE exit? Do you see any error messages when X quits? I had a similar problem a few days ago. I ended up rebuilding KDE for unrelated reasons, which solved the problem. However, my error message was about the file .ICEauthority. I suspect the file permissions were to blame. You might look into that.

ironically KDE dosent exit the load screen disappears after a while and a grey screen is just left there untill you restart kde or computer. I have seen o errors anywhere that point to anything being wrong. I rebuilt kdelibs & kdebase ... where should i look for errors? .. if all else fails i guess a complete re-build of KDE may be in order.

-rw-------   1 shinjii  shinjii    213 May 21 22:13 .ICEauthority