Where did you actually set that, in /etc/sysctl.conf?

Kirk Strauser wrote:
On Tuesday 24 May 2005 10:59, Tim Kellers wrote:

The acpi_load="YES" in /boot/loader.conf might do the trick.

Actually, it turns out that I have to set machdep.hyperthreading_allowed=1 for HTT to work now.

Speaking of which, is that tunable documented anywhere besides the HTT security PR? It's not in the 5.4-STABLE /usr/src/UPDATING or anyplace else I've looked, so I was more than a bit surprised to find that such an important default was changed without much notice. I imagine a lot of people read the PR much as I did: "blah, blah, theoretical, doesn't affect me, next message"...

--
 Jonathan M. Slivko - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Linux: The Choice for the GNU Generation"

Don't fear the penguin.
         .^.
         /V\
       /(   )\