[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Please pardon the intrusion.
After doing a pkgdb -F, I ran a portupgrade -nP --all
to check my installation. I got a single error:

! multimedia/nautilus-media (nautilus-media-0.8.0_4)
(port directory error).

I am then prompted as to whether I want to delete this
package. If I answer [no] (the default), nothing is
fixed. If I answer [yes], my installation reports that
this package is a dependency to Gnome, and cannot be
removed.
The output of my uname -a is:
FreeBSD BSD.mydomain.local 5.3-RELEASE FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE #0: Fri Nov 5 04:19:18 UTC 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386

Would someone suggest what I should do about this?
Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Harold.

Hi,

in fact, nautilus-media has disappeared from the ports tree...
Have a loo at MOVED :
multimedia/nautilus-media||2005-03-12|Deprecated, and no longer builds
By the way, you may also be inerested by the entry 20050312 of UPDATING, which says :
"  Gnome has been upgraded to 2.10 and gtk/glib to 2.6.
 DO NOT USE portupgrade(1) to update any gnome or gtk
 or any port that depends on them. Using portupgrade
 will cause problems and you will have to manually
 upgrade ports. "

Cheers

--
Gregory