G. Felter wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:56:36 -0700, darren david wrote

Hi all-

So I've got designs on running Windows Server 2003 in VMWare 3 in a jail as a way to have a SQL Server machine to develop against without having to keep another machine running. I want to jail it for security reasons, but maybe that's just overkill... regardless, I'm trying to set up Xorg inside the jail so i can manage all the VMWare bits, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to configure Xorg inside the jail, since it's technically headless and i only have ssh access to it. Any thoughts?

Thanks, as always,
Darren David

I'm not sure if we are on the same page but I have a couple of jails that I
installed xorg and tightvnc.  I then use the default twm (tabbed window
manager) to bring up the applications I want to use by vnc'ing to the jail.  I
don't know if it is useful but it was fun to set up.  Hope this helps.

!DSPAM:42952a63631901062018743!

Cool. I'm going to give that a shot.

FWIW, did you have to do anything with your Xorg.conf file? Obviously, running "Xorg -configure" in the jail fails since there's no display.

thanks,
darren