Louis LeBlanc wrote:

Ok, I've settled on upgrading to 5.4 (from 5.4 RELEASE) but I can't
find an explicit statement that performing such an upgrade with
cvsup/buildworld/buildkernel, etc. would be ok.  No kernel config
gotchas mentioned either.  Of course it seems implied that this would
be a perfectly fine way to do the upgrade.

Has anyone else used this upgrade method going from 5.3 to 5.4?
Any caveats on the kernel config?

Thanks
Lou
Hi,

I'm not sure it's actually the question you're asking, but i did a cvsup, buildworld, buildkernel, installkernel, installworld yesterday, from a 5.3-release to 5.4-release, and I didn't had problems. However, since I do have something very classical (Athlon-xp mono-processor), it wasn't very dangerous ...

Good luck

--
Grégory