On Sat, Nov 30, 2002 at 04:10:16PM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> I'm really growing tired of reading articles talking abot so and so
> creating a super computer of 1400 CPUs running Linux ... latest one I
> read was one that HP setup ...
>
> ... is there software available for FreeBSD that can do this, or is
> this something we are being left behind in?

I am not sure what the HP setup is; can you provide a reference?

In general, FreeBSD can be set up as a Beowulf style cluster or
"supercomputer" just as well as Linux can.  The only advantage I can
think of that Linux has in this area, besides publicity and support from
heavy weights like IBM and HP, is there is work being done on a parallel
file system for Linux clusters.  Although, an NAS or SAN system would
also work and would be OS independent.

--
Glenn Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]