--On Sunday, June 05, 2005 23:47:44 -0400 Francisco Reyes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sun, 5 Jun 2005, Paul Schmehl wrote:

Use negation.
find ! -n 10 blah

Could not get it to work with anything like that syntax.
For starters I don't see "-n". I see newer but that seems to compare to
another file.. Is this something you have done in the past?

All I gave you was an example of how negation works, not a specific command for find.

Try this: find {path} ! -newer {path to file with date you want}

Or you can touch a file with the date you want. Then use that file as the "key" for find to know what "! -newer" means.

Take a look at this:

<http://www.softpanorama.org/Tools/Find/find_mini_tutorial.shtml>

There's tons of ways to do what you want. You just need to choose one that you like.

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member