That's what we do here. :)

/sbin/nologin as the shell and if you want to allow ftp use a client that doesn't require a valid shell.

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005, M. Goodell wrote:

Hello,

What is the recommended method to setup E-Mail only accounts? I am running a
server that will host several websites and also provide e-mail services for
many site users. What I want to do is configure each user to only have email
access and *no* shell access / ftp access of any kind.

Is it good enough to simply use /usr/sbin/nologin as the shell and leave it at
that or is there a more secure / better way of implementing this.

Thank you.

FreeBSDUtah