Hi,
I'm having a frustrating time witht a recently built 4.7-RELEASE box.
It seems like it can't resolve it's own hostname!

hostname returns the hostname OK:
daemon:/home/imoore # hostname
daemon

but running cvsup gives:
daemon:/home/imoore # cvsup /usr/local/etc/cvsup/supfile
Cannot get IP address of my own host -- is its hostname correct?

Also, when apache starts:
 Local package initialization:httpd: Could not determine the server's fully
qualified domain name, using 127.0.0.1 for ServerName

My rc.conf has:
hostname="daemon"

and /ect/hosts looks like:
127.0.0.1               localhost deamon

This is a standalone machine with a dial-up ppp connection, so it's a pretty
basic setup. I can't see what the difference is between it and other machines
I've set up.
Any ideas?

Cheers,
Ian