Kostas Blekos wrote:

Hi,

In some cases, when two audio events coincide (usually in gaim),
I get the following message:

Interrupt storm detected on "irq9: pcm0 uhci2"; throttling interrupt source

and then there is a continuous noise that I can not stop in anyway.
Does anybody knows how to resolve this (*stop* the noise)?

Thanks.
(please cc: me any replies)

Hello. I had a similar problem with interrupt storms when I was setting up my printer. The fix for this involved me modifying /boot/device.hints . To see what I did and if it can help you or not, please read the entire thread entitled
Very slow printing with stock FreeBSD5.3 + CUPS + Gimp-Print + HPDeskJet612C
from the archives shown
http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-questions/2005-April/thread.html#84195
I hope this helps.

-Anthony