Hello all i use FreeBSD stable 4.11 and wish to use ipf i have been using ipfw with type set to open however i have recently been attacked and need to beef up security. I have followed the basic setup that is in the freebsd handbook only differance is i added a few lines here and there to my ruleset. Everything seems to work fine when i have ipfirewall compiled into my kernel. When i remove the ipfirewall options ie IPFIREWALL, IPDIVERT everhting seems to break. Adding IPFILTER to the kernel does not help ethier. what is going on how do i enable ipf and ipnat and disable ipfw and natd. I had ipf working once but now it is broken and so is ipfw i have a broken bsd box please help.