I had same situation with to different high loaded servers (both SMP, with 8Gb
of
ram, and HT enabled,), with 5.4 Release, after disabeling HT and cvsup
OS to 5.4-stable all working fine without any problems, last reboot was 28
days ago.

That's exactly our config. SMP, 4 gb RAM, HT was enabled, no longer. Should I upgrade to 5.4-STABLE? Is there a bug ? Is 5.4-STABLE "stable" enough? :) Also, if I cvsup to 5.4-STABLE right now, would I be able to upgrade to 5.5-RELEASE with no probs, or would I forever be at -STABLE?

Thanks,
Matt