Tobias Fendin wrote:

I've got a Dell Latitude C640, with FreeBSD 5.4 stable.
It works well, except for this:
After a cuple of hours up and running it gets really hot. My fingers almost gets burned when I touch the harddirve, memory etc! According to `sysctl hw.acpi.thermal.tz0.temperature` the cpu-temperature is usually about 50-60 degrees C. Which I consider i normal, but is it normal for the rest of the devices to be so hot?

Is there someone else who has the same problem which I do with a simular computer?

I have a C600 that gets very hot too. On a buildworld, it get's up to 180f before fan kicks in. The bottom is too hot to touch.

--
Regards,
Doug