Am Mittwoch, 29. Juni 2005 10:55 schrieb Norbert Koch:
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to get a sub-to-rs232 adaptor running with FreeBSD-5.
> The vendor of this adaptor is some chinese company named
> High-Edge Tech, but as usbdevs shows, it identifies as
>   USB_VENDOR_PROLIFIC(0x067b) and USB_PRODUCT_PROLIFIC_PL2303(0x2303).
>
> For testing, I connect the adaptor with the same computer's cuaa0 and
> do an 'stty speed 9600 clocal' on /dev/ucom0 and /dev/cuaia0.
>
> Now, if I do 'cat < /dev/ucom0' and 'cat > /dev/cuaa0', I see typed
> characters coming in. If I try the opposite direction, nothing happens.
> Is that something, I should've expected, and if so, why?

There are different versions of the prolific chipset and unfortunately they
changed the init sequence of version 3.00 and up without changing the
device ID (If you're interested for more check the archives (current)
arround January 21st).

5.4 has the new uplcom driver which checks the revision maybe you can apply
the cvs version to your 5.3 (guess).

-Harry