Gruss

On Jun 29, 2005, at 3:03 AM, Björn König wrote:

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

[...]
pid 80941 (tcsh), uid 5051 inumber 166876 on /local/jails/jail1: filesystem full [...] Is the "inumber 166876" an inode inside the filesystem? Or what does it refer to?

It is an inode number of the filesystem that has been mounted to / local/jails/jail1. Inodes in a filesystem are uniqe, but each filesystem holds its own inode numbers that have nothing to do with inode numbers of an other filesystem.

yes, the word inumber was strange; instead of inode or inode number -- hence the question.

[...]
My interesting issue is that on ssh login to OTHER JAILS on other / dev/md type filesystems, that had nothing to do with that jail or filesystem, login was prevented as the login process would print a similar message to the one above in the login window over and over and over and would never complete login.

That sounds weird. Have you checked the output of 'df -ih' at the host? I like to see it.

Yes. I have fixed the issue so the currrent results are not the same as they were but they are close

/dev/md2250 1.6G 1.5G 11M 99% 7828 227690 3% /local/jails/jail1

Before it was like 1.6G 1.6G -704k 100% with very similar inode results

thanks!!
best regards
MfG
Chad