Svein Halvor Halvorsen wrote:

* Alex Zbyslaw [2005-06-29 15:07 +0100]
Perhaps you could ask Microsoft to provide support in Windows for accessing any kind of filesystem other than their own. ;-)

http://ffsdrv.sourceforge.net/

Will let you mount a ffs filesystem on Windows.
Not sure how well tested it is, though
Even flippant comments bring results :-) Thanks for the info.

Ben Paley wrote:

I'll have a look...

...but frankly the very idea terrifies me. Let Winxp loose on my fbsd partition?

<shudders>
Well, it's a sourceforge project, so it isn't by Microsoft.

If you're concerned about data integrity, then you could try:

1) Mount only one shared FreeBSD partition using this software
and
2) Make this partition on a separate disk slice (or even disk) from your regular system.

It's either that or FAT32 (with no real concept of file ownership, file permissions, or ability to change times).

--Alex