Andreas Widerøe Andersen wrote:

At 17:19 05.07.2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 17:14:50 +0200
Andreas Widerøe Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm having problems mounting a SCSI Iomega 100 Zip drive on my 4.11
> RELEASE  system:

<snip>

did you try mounting it as root ?
(and what does /var/log/messages /var/log/dmesg say about it ?)

Uhh.. embarrasing :-O (yes, I was not root!

Well, still have a problem as root (I've had this problem from the start when I WAS logged in as root):

# mount /zip
mount: /dev/da0s4 on /zip: incorrect super block

/Andreas

Is the filesystem really "ufs" as noted in /etc/fstab?  IIRC,
trying to mount a non-ufs filesystem as ufs will give this
error.  Other possibilities include a bad disk ... :-(

HTH,

Kevin Kinsey