Hi, >Have you got a line indicating >inetd_enable="YES" >in your /etc/rc.conf? Yes it's indicated, The file rc.conf is accumulative? Because inside it appears the last configuration changed with the date. The line inetd_enable="YES" is repeated every time I made a change. and $ telnet localhost works but remotely doesn't. I tried to install telnet server because I'm sat down in a PC with windowsXP and I thought to connect myself to freeBSD pc to study it more comfortable.

My freeBSD version is 5.4