--On Thursday, July 07, 2005 14:39:44 -0400 Bob Hall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

As I stated above, I used portupgrade. That means that any messages at
the end of the perl upgrade scrolled off the screen and out of the
screen buffer when portupgrade carried out the next install. One of the
problems with portupgrade is that you rarely see the post-upgrade
messages when you do batch upgrades.

That's an easily solved problem. After you finish portupgrade, view the pkg-message file in any port you have a question about. E.g. % view /usr/ports/lang/perl5.8/pkg-message

Paul Schmehl ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member