On Jul 14, 2005, at 8:34, Peter wrote:

Hi all,

I've some PC with identical HW with FreeBSD 5.4. I'm looking for a way to
clone FreeBSD installations from one PC to another.
I've read in mailing list about script clone.sh. "The script copies the MBR and disklabel from ad0 to ad1 and then creates the file systems and copies data with dump and restore. The cloned configuration file /etc/ rc.conf is
edited using 'sed' to update the ip address and hostname."

Have you this script or something similar? Is the possible send me that?

Thanks a lot,
Peter Macko

Try the Frisbee package: http://www.emulab.net/software.php3
For what you need, it should be very easy to figure out how to use Frisbee from the README. Frisbee is very fast at distributing OS images (read the USENIX paper on it, if you're sufficiently interested), and scales extremely well when sending out an
image to multiple clients at once.

-Marshall Pierce