Hello, everybody!

I have found unusual and dangerous situation with shutdown process:
I did a copy of 200 GB data on the 870 GB partition (softupdates is enabled) by cp command. It took a lot of time when I did umount for this partition exactly after cp, but procedure finished correctly. In case, if I did “shutdown –h(r)”, also exactly after cp, the shutdown procedure waited for “sync” (umounting of the file system) but sync process was terminated by timeout, and fsck checked and did correction of the file system after boot.

System 5.4-stable, RAM 4GB, processor P-IV 3GHz.

How can I fix it on my system?

--
Anatoliy Dmytriyev
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>