With these settings, and that much physical RAM, you should set
your KVA space to 3G (the default is 2G); have you?

Most likely, you are running out of KVA space for mappings.
Every now and this I hear people saying (mostly you :)) that some problems are KVA related or that the KVA must be increased. This makes me a bit curious, since I've never seen problems like that on Linux. It sounds for me, the not kernel hacker, a bit like something which should be set at boot time (or via sysctl). Have you got some pointers which explain FreeBSD's KVA ?

Regards,
Marc

"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth