Glenn Dawson wrote:

At 07:51 PM 7/25/2005, Xu Qiang wrote:

I am just wondering the only shortcoming of Unix clone, such as FreeBSD, in contrast to M$ Windows, is the lack of a cyclin bin, from which you can restore anything you have mis-deleted before.

Or, am I mis-informed on this issue?

If you're really worried about accidently deleting files, just make rm an alias to 'rm -i' or 'rm -I'

-Glenn

Regards,
Xu Qiang

Also check out chflags. Under certain security levels, you can set flags so that something can not be deleted even as root.

Casey