On Tue, 26 Jul 2005, Graham Bentley wrote:

I just want file sharing, not printing.

pkg_add -r samba3 also pulls in cups then my smb log
complains ...

[2005/07/26 00:31:17, 0] printing/print_cups.c:cups_cache_reload(85)
Unable to connect to CUPS server localhost - Connection refused

(I havent enabled cups daemon)

but insists ;

Global parameter load printers found in service section!

even thought I have printers = no in my smb.conf ???

Anyone know how to stop Samba trying to pal up with cups ?
I guess you should rebuild Samba without CUPS printing support.

Regards,

Uli.