Hi, all:

Last time I asked you that why the machine can map the hostname to ip address
without setting DNS Server in "/etc/rc.conf".

Now I remember that I have provided DNS ip address in the initial installing
stage, where the installation wizard asked for me about the settings step by
step, in which I set the machine's hostname, ip address, domain, gateway,
subnet mask, and DNS server ip address.

Now, when I open the file "/etc/rc.conf", I found the machine's hostname, ip
address, subnet mask, domain, and gateway/router are all in it.

Yet, where is the DNS setting? If not in this file, which file does this
setting reside in?

P.S.: In solaris, I can use dos2unix to transfer txt file from DOS/Windows
format to Unix format, what is the corresponding command in FreeBSD?

Thanks,
Xu Qiang