On Thursday 04 August 2005 22:27, Leonard Zettel wrote:
> All my incoming mail goes to a unix box which
> I access over the internet using kmail.
>
> I also occasionally get at it using pine.
>
> Here is my problem: after I use pine
> kmail will no longer recognize the presence
> of any message that was there when pine
> looked at them. How do i reset the message status
> so that kmail can handle them as usual?

If you have a file called mbox in your home directory, pine will move the
contents of your spool file there. If you open pine and move the contents of
your inbox somwhere else, you can close pine and delete this file.

IIRC it is created automatically by other using some other MUAs, mutt in
particular springs to mind. If you can't resist the urge to use mutt then
there is a way turn it off in  pine, but I can't remember how offhand.