Hi,
I am running Speedtouch 510i, which is defacto router with some small unix system inside. You can login with telnet and configure it from command line or use the web interface or load the configuration from file. I dont think that USB and pppoa is here the best choice. You just connect the Speedtouch to the ADSL and use the Speedtouch ethernet to connect it to your LAN. Cheers, Vladimir.