On Fri, 19 Aug 2005, Omer Faruk Sen wrote:

Hi, I will be installing a server that will be online for production environment in 1 month. I want your suggestions if I should use 5.4 or 6 ? I am thinking to install 6.0-Beta2 and upgrade to 6.0-RELEASE when it comes out. But I wanted to take your precious opinions.
In our school I run a small network with a Samba file server/domain controller, a squid-cache proxy (both 5.4-RELEASE), 43 Windows workstations and 800 users. The FreeBSD machines work happily and stable - as they did before with 4.10 .

At home I run 6.0 to get an impression what will have to be changed in a year or so, when the first production release of 6.x comes out.

Hope that helps,

Uli.

Omer Faruk Sen
http://www.EnderUNIX.ORG