John Straiton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-08-26 15:25:40 -0400]:

>> While not a solution, I got this to go away by disabling the USB
>> ports on the system in the BIOS. I only mention it because it's the
>> only other "new" behaviour I'm seeing on this machine versus the
>> other boxes I maintain.

>Bad mobo perhaps? (I'm presuming the USB is intergrated into it.
>Under 4.11, can you use the USB ports successfully?

>Thomas

Come to think of it, no. I tried using a USB keyboard in 4.11 and although I got a message on console to the effect of it seeing the keyboard I had just added, I was not able to log in until I swapped to a PS2 one.

I think I'm going to just load a WinServer image on it long enough to see what errors pop up in that realm and try to gather a more extensive list of behaviours.

Thanks for answering, 'till later..

John