Well, I managed to do the source compilation after all. In the 4.11-RELEASE there are three components that use sed to generate sources: ncurses (lib_gen.c), csh/tcsh (tc.const.h) and gdb (init.c). I just created those files on another system and replaced the corresponding lines in Makefiles with plain copy operation. So for now my buildworld is completed and I am already doing buildkernel. It might be, that installworld have some surprises for me but lets see.

Rein

Hi,

So I guess I need some advice here what to do next. I would not like to
make a full reinstall (otherwise I would have done that already long tme

I'd suggest investigating the option of performing a binary upgrade to a
supported 4.x release - this would likely present no more risk to your
running system than an installworld and would almost certainly solve your
problem. You should then be able to remake any ports or other applications
affected by the upgrade, and cvsup/remake your world when necessary.

-- Joel Hatton --
Security Analyst                    | Hotline: +61 7 3365 4417
AusCERT - Australia's national CERT | Fax:     +61 7 3365 7031
The University of Queensland        | WWW:     www.auscert.org.au
Qld 4072 Australia                  | Email:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

http://www.eset.com