If none of the mailman gurus here want to bother with it,
        ok, I'll re-singup to the mailman lists.  I just want to
        set up two virtual lists. I can usually get more out of
        reading the src code than the documentation, and
        Mailman/Defaullts.py was

        VIRTUAL_HOSTS={}

        into which I added {'foo.thought.org', 'bar.thought.org'}

        but this gave me syntax errors when I tried to run something
        in bin/*.  The python error caret pointed to the comma; when
        I removed the comma, the following err pointed at the closing
        brace.  So, nutshell: this ain't it.

        Can anybody clue me in?

        tia, guys,

        gary