Hi,
I'm running FreeBSD 5.4 STABLE and the latest Proftpd. I have a little problem I need help with.

I want about 10 users to have access to the same directory/subdirectories on the FTP server and all must be able to upload, delete and retrive (full access) to the files in these directories.

I want all users to have different usernames/passwords so I can log them, but all should have full access to the ftp directories.

How would I set this up? I've tried making all members of the same group, but I can't overwrite/delete files other uploaded.

Not sure exactly how you configure it in proftpd, but make those 10 users part of the same *primary* group (ie, the one in /etc/passwd) then set their umask so that newly created files are group read/write.

I think (but am not sure) that you might be able to do this through proftpd. I know that in samba, I can force new files/directory permissions regardless of the user's umask.

good luck.

-philip