Hello,

On Thu, Sep 01, 2005 at 02:07:57AM +1000 or thereabouts, Norberto Meijome wrote:
> man ktrace
> man kdump
>
> in a nutshell: ktrace shows the kernel calls that a process is
> executing. It creates a dump file which you can view with kdump. similar
> (better actually) than strace and whatever other ?trace found in linux.

  Hmmm, thanks for info, this kstuff is really much much better than
  strace :). Never heard of that, but now I am pretty impressed. Thanks.

> then it seems it's a portsnap problem and not cron...get it working in
> your normal shell first and then focus on automating it. (btw, what's
> wrong with (cd /usr/ports/ ; make update)  , or a cvsup cmd line?)

  Portsnap is working pretty well in normal shell. I was using cvsup
  before portsnap, but now, as portsnap is being part of base system I
  am considering to switch to it on all our production servers. I am
  also going to give a try to make update in /usr/ports.

  Thank you!

--
martin hudec

   * 421 907 303 393
   * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   * http://www.aeternal.net

"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible
exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."

   Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"