Bill Moran wrote:

Alex Zbyslaw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Bill Moran wrote:

You're correct.

I guess I understand why they split NOTES up, but it sure makes it
a PITA to figure out what options are available ;)

% cat ../../conf/NOTES NOTES > LINT.mine

It's not rocket science :)

Not if you understand it.  Apparently, there are machine independent
and machine dependent NOTES files (one MI-NOTES, and a NOTES for each
arch).
Well, I "understood" it by looking in the Makefile in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf which contains a way of making the LINT kernel. Prior to building my first 5.4 kernel two months ago, I had no idea any of this had been done. I always made my (4.X and prior) kernels based on LINT (better comments), and when it wasn't there I went looking for it.

--Alex