Yuan Jue wrote:

On Friday 09 September 2005 03:16, Rem Roberti wrote:
I have tried to install Kde3 from both ports and pkgs.  Each time the
installation chokes on Kdebase and Kdeartwork.  An error screen comes up
announcing the failure, and referring me to a debug screen which I have
no idea where to find.  As you can tell, this is a newbie thing.  Any
help would be appreciated.

you should tell us more about the error. What error comes up? When? What did you do before the error occurred?

The installation was rocking along, and many dependent packages had been installed before the error message came on saying that a failure had occurred while attempting to install Kdebase, and Kdeartworks. I really cannot tell you the exact wording. The last part of the message said that I should refer to the debug screen for more info. I was attempting to install Kde3 via Sysinstall and packages.

Rem