On Dec 09, at 03:07 PM, Kevin D. Kinsey, DaleCo, S.P. wrote:

> dc driver uses the miibus code, make sure you have that enabled
> on your kernel.
>
> There is nothing needed in "sysinstall", a device probe ought to
> catch it IF the miibus is enabled in your kernel config.....

Um, he can't "enable" miibus in the kernel from sysinstall(8), can he?
I don't know that miibus is in the distribution kernel or not, if
/modules/miibus.ko is likewise available, nor if you can activate
modules from sysinstall(8).

I don't recall any difficulties with sysinstall(8) when I brought
up this box with Linksys NICs (Realtek chipsets, which also use dc(1)).

Otherwise, you point out that which I'd forgotten. Thanks.

> Sorry, I'm late on this discussion, if I've missed important
> points, please forgive....I just hadn't seen this point
> mentioned.

"Forgive"? Nonsense. You made the effort, that's what counts.

> Kevin Kinsey
> DaleCo, S.P.

Dave

--