Is there a utility to test memory speed?  I looked at memtest in ports,
but it looks like that mainly tests for faulty memory.  I did a
websearch and found a command:  dd </dev/zero >/dev/null, but that
doesn't seem to summarize the memory speed easily for me.

Can anyone else give me a pointer to how to test my machine's memory
speed?  How can I find out whether a memory stick is compatable with an
old box?

TIA.

--
David S. Jackson                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]