Hello,

will there be a vmware port with version 4 or 5 some day or is there another possibility to run these versions with with FreeBSD 5.4?

I have found some discussion about qemu, but I did not really understand if this helps to use the more recent vmware versions or if it just replaces vmware. Can anyone point me to a good starting point for reading about this technology? I tested CrossOver Office on my linux box and it's far away from being a replacement for the vmware solution.

In my opinion the newer versions should be availalbe, because it's hard to swith to FreeBSD, if you do not own an old vmware license.

best wishes,
Stefan