Roland Smith wrote:
On Wed, Sep 14, 2005 at 11:55:25PM +0800, Yuan Jue wrote:

On Wednesday 14 September 2005 23:46, Matt Kosht wrote:

Does anybody successfully  run Internet Explorer under Wine in FreeBSD?
What should I do to get it run? Any suggestion will be appreciated.

I would suggest instead of Wine using an RDP client (rdesktop in ports
for example) and run IE via terminal services on a Windows server or
XP desktop PC.

Thanks.
It is a way to solve this problem. But my particular problem is I do not have a Windows server or XP desktop PC around. My laptop is the only computer I have. So is there any other suggestion?

You mean apart from dumping IE and using firefox? ;-)

Install windoze on a virtual machine on your FreeBSD laptop. You could
use bochs or qemu. The latter is probably faster.

I'll second the qemu vote.  It works very well.

You don't mention *why* you need IE. Stating why might help someone provide a better alternative.

Roland

--
Regards,
Eric