Julien FOURNIER wrote:
"Can't exec /bin/sh fot /etc/rc : No such File or directory.
Enter full path of Shell or type Enter for /bin/sh"

If I type Enter, the system tells me that the file can't be found...I
don't know how to do!!!

I have installed the system as following : Standard installation

* / =>1GB
* /etc =>1GB
* /bin =>1GB
* /dev =>1GB
* swap partition =>2GB
* /var =>6GB

Did I make an error while installing, or is there a simple solution to
solve my (very very !!!) big problem??

Thanks a lot...

----------
Julien Fournier

Julien

I'm no expert on the boot process of FreeBSD but the problem appears to be that your /bin partition has not been mounted. Normally /bin lives in the same partition as / as it contains essential binaries.

Normally you could run

# mount -a

Which will mount all filesystems in /etc/fstab, but because your /etc is on a different partition, presumably it is not already mounted. You have a catch-22.

Maybe there is a clever use of the mount command to get the filesystem up (if you know the partition layout) but I suggest you re-install and put /etc, /bin and /dev on the / partition. /var should have its own partition so this is ok.

Run the following for a good overview of the filesystem:

# man hier

Regards

Ashley