Jason King wrote:
The instructions say to use ad0 and ad1 as the /dev names but those
devices don't exist on my server. The device names are da0 and da1. I'd
be glad to post anything you wish, but I don't know what the dmesg is,
or how I get it. Can you tell me where I can get that information?

Just run "dmesg" immediately after boot and report its output to the list.
This might however not be enough, but is a good starting point. You also forget to mention which os version you are running...

 bye
        av.