On Mon, 16 May 2005, Gerard Seibert wrote:

I am running FreeBSD 5.4. This is a new installation.

I am unable to get kde3 (meta port) installed. It hangs after almost a day of compiling.

(cd /usr/ports/print/cmpsfont/work/cmpsfont/pfb; /usr/local/bin/type1inst -nolog)
*** Error code 127

Link /usr/local/bin/perl to /usr/bin/perl (ln -s /usr/local/bin/perl /usr/bin/perl); type1inst assumes that /usr/bin/perl exists which is not true, at least for 5.4-STABLE, when rebuilding KDE3.

(I'm responding to this since I ran into the same problem, but didn't find an answer in Google or by scanning the ports and ports-bugs mailing lists.)

Mike Squires
UN*X at home
since 1986