Cristian Mijea wrote:
Hello there,

Trying to build a live music broadcast server on freebsd. So far I
used (at least I gave it a try) Icecast for broadcast and ices to
supply icecast with the actual stream. As I said I never heard a sound
broadcasted.  Somehow ices cannot cope with icecast on my machine.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone did this before (or using something
else) and if anyone can give me some ideas on this.

Tks,
Cristian

Hi. Are you trying to stream files from your computer to the Icecast server, or do you mean live audio from a soundcard input?

If you want to stream files, then Ices should work pretty good. If you want to stream live from the soundcard input, then I would try a program called MuSE. It's in ports (/usr/ports/audio/muse), and it is best run from the command line (the GUI gave some weird sound skipping problems for me). I use it for live shows and it works really well.

-Mark