Peter Clutton wrote:

On 9/22/05, David Armour <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
i was trying to install the plugger-plugins-hubbe port as a way to get
plugins to work with firefox. . .

checking whether gmake sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking for intltool >= 0.30... 0.33 found
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for XML::Parser... ===> Script "configure" failed
unexpectedly.

i have the directed output file (make_failure_file), gnomelogalyzer.sh,
and pages of non-helpful googled info. where would i find out how to
feed a file to a script?

thanks in advance, both for your patience, and for any info.

When you've run it, would you let us know the outcome? I had *exactly* the
same error messages multiple times trying to installing gnome, stuff bout
XML Parser script configure failed unexpextedly. I haven't had a chance to
feed it to gnomealyzer, but will post if i get something good from it.

Seems that it's not a gnome related problem.
You should install port textproc/p5-XML-Parser, and if already installed, verify that the link are well done in your /usr/local/bin (eg : not something like using perl5.8 and having perl pointing on perl5.6.2)

Cheers

--
Grégory