At 02:19 AM 9/27/2005, eoghan wrote:
Peter Clutton wrote:

It just the way it got pasted. I grabbed it from samba (yep, got that
working :) )... theres no actual spaces in the file. Im not sure what
David means? If i run pkg_info | grep mysql i see version 4.1.14 for

  I had exactly the same problem you are having until i enabled it in
rc.conf with mysql_enable="YES" .
 Every time i started the mysql-server.sh i got the socket error. As soon as
i enabled it in rc.conf , it worked fine.

I have tried this, thanks. However im getting a This: not found message/error. Im going to do a fresh install soon as I managed to mess things up badly i think :) Im getting to know more and more what im doing though (i think).
Thanks to everyone who replied.

You should try and solve the problem if you can.  It's the best way to learn.

Have you tried running the startup script like this:

sh /usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start

-Glenn

Eoghan

---

"was it the same cat?"