On Tuesday 27 September 2005 07:18 pm, Jay Moore wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 September 2005 09:36 pm, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> > On Tue, Sep 27, 2005 at 07:41:57PM -0500, Jay Moore wrote:
> > > I started an upgrade from 5.2.1 to 5.4 earlier, but postponed it until
> > > I can understand why the upgrade requires input re the hard drive
> > > configuration.
> >
> > What are you talking about? :-) Please describe your problem in more
> > detail, e.g. exactly what you are doing and exactly what is going
> > wrong.
>
> I boot from the cd. sysinstall starts. shortly thereafter I get to the
> disklabel editor. the partitions are identified (and sized), but mount
> column is blank.
>
> Why is the mount column blank?

If you're doing a binary upgrade you need to specify the mount points for your
slices. You do this by pressing "m" and entering the appropriate mount point
for each slice in disklabel. That said, you should be aware that binary
upgrades can bite you. At the very least you should backup your system before
you attempt the upgrade. I would recommend doing an upgrade by building from
the sources. Make sure you read  /usr/src/UPGRADING before you begin.

Beech
Beech Rintoul - System Administrator - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | NorthWind Communications
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9th Avenue Ste.310
/ \