On Oct 5, 2005, at 1:13 AM, K Anderson wrote:

Hey folks,

I thought a saw a thread on something like this but I can't seem to find it
so I figure I might as well ask and see what turns up.

The scenario:
I use a hard drive to mirror my main hard drive. I then pull the alternate hard drive off the system and store it for later use should the primary
drive fail, or the system as a whole fails.

How long can the hard drive sit on the shelf before some sort of natural
cause that prevents it from spinning up properly?

How long are you storing them for? I would think that the data on the disk would quickly become out of date and stale before any physical issues would arise.

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider
[EMAIL PROTECTED]